Thursday, September 29, 2005

New Season, New Fashions...

oh-- blessed Fall has finally come! It arrived here in Clark County with a wallop of a storm last night right after dark. The lightening was extravagant and the winds whistled-- the rain was most welcome and we didn't get any of the really rough stuff; broken limbs, downed lines or hail. Along with it came the best part! Cooler temps! My a/c hasn't been on a whole heck of a lot and it sure is nice!! It was a cool 60 when I got up; a real treat!

It got me to recalling how when we started school it was in September and since it was near the beginning of Fall; our new school clothes were always a little warmer than what was actually needed. And, so- a lot of times those new fashions would be set aside until the first good cold front would blow through and allow us to be really school girl chic! You know-- tartan plaid skirts, ruffled white blouses and saddle oxfords or Buster Brown's. My first year I even had a school satchel to match the skirt- man! I thought I was styling!!

Nowdays I'm staying at home year round and much of my wardrobe is year-round appropriate. Jeans & a pullover shirt. Since my computer and craft space is positioned over the a/c unit; I typically have on a sweater... so that won't change too much with the season. But- the colors that I choose WILL change. I like colors-- all combinations- so, in that respect I "change"!

With that in mind- it occurred to me that my Blog needed a change for the weather. So-- thought this one was appropriate. Hope you like it. I do!

In other news- well.. there really isn't any other news of interest! Same old, same old. I did talk to my littlest sister today- that was most pleasant! It's always a treat when she calls and we can just talk "sister" talk. Nothing important, nothing special- just sharing the typical day-to-day goings-ons of our lives. Sister, Robin- is still next door and waiting to hear that her home (or Dad's homes) have power so that they can go and start assessing the damage themselves. I know Mom is wanting to go, too- so, when they leave Wrigley-dog and I will be on companion-status for Mae and Sandy-dog. DS came by to see me and Samson yesterday-- and he seems good. It's a relief knowing he's in a safe place while he continues to do his "growing up" and I think he's paying attention to the responsibilities that he has. He did say that he'd run into one of the young men he'd graduated with who's been in Iraq. I think that young man gave him a perspective that may influence just which branch of the military he decides to join.

Enjoy the Fall weather! I'm going to-- it'll be back to hot and humid in no time!

No comments: